Tips To Sell Your Home in the Evansville, IN Area
Want to maximize your home's value while you're selling? As the top real estate agents in the area, we stay up-to-date with every property on the market. Here are a few tips that we think you will find valuable to get your home showroom ready.
Remember, first impressions are everything!
- Photography. Think about lighting and angles. Turn off fans, tv’s, and close the toilet seats.
- Remove family photos to depersonalize the home. Buyers want to imagine themselves in the home.
- Create a positive mood. Turn on all lights, day or night, and install higher wattage light bulbs to make your home brighter.
- Create the feeling of a spacious entry area by using decorative accents and removing unnecessary furniture.
- Remove clutter from each room to visually enlarge them.
- Putty over and paint any nail holes or other mishaps in the walls.
- Expand your counter space by removing small appliances.
- Remember, buyers will be opening cabinets, drawers, and closets. Make sure they are tidied up.
- Make sure that the beds are made.
- Do not leave towels around and wipe down the sinks and shower areas after each use.
- Re-caulk the tub if the caulk is not sparkling white.
- Replace old shower curtains.
- Put out fresh towels and decorative soaps.
- Keep the yard mowed and/or raked.
- Paint the front door with a bright welcoming color.
- Trees and shrubs should be trimmed and pruned.
- Use flowering plants to dress up the yard, walkway, and/or patio.
If you want to get the most out of your home, try the suggestions above or get connected with us.